[Hackrf-dev] HackRF, USB Autosuspend, etc

dragorn dragorn at kismetwireless.net
Sun Aug 4 12:08:07 EDT 2013

So I've been having an issue where my hackrf resets when the laptop is
on battery - even when on a powered USB hub. With Dominic, Mike, and
Jareds help we tracked it down to a problem where the hackrf doesn't
go into USB suspend (or come back) cleanly.

To fix this:

If running laptop-mode-tools, edit:
/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/usb-autosuspend.conf

and add:
AUTOSUSPEND_USBID_BLACKLIST="1d50:604b"

if not, you can try adding the following udev rule:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d50", ATTRS{idProduct}=="604b", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev", RUN+="/etc/udev/scripts/hackrf_no_suspend.sh"

and the script:

#!/bin/sh
echo -1 > /sys/$DEVPATH/power/autosuspend

I found that they conflict with eachother - if running laptop-mode
(which you really should be), use the usbid_blacklist control.

Hope this helps others,

-m