[Hackrf-dev] Best OS/Setup for HackRF/GRC

Nick Flipper nickflipper at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:23:10 EDT 2013

Another vote for Pentoo RC1.9

Getting GRC working with my Jawbreaker this morning was pretty much a plug
and play experience.

I had previously upgraded firmware with the help of IRC and the wiki:
https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/Updating-Firmware

Once I had an updated jawbreaker, I was able to boot straight in to Pentoo,
search for "grc" in the application finder, and then duplicate the results
from the end of this guide:
http://bgamari.github.io/posts/2013-06-15-hackrf.html

Results from that lead to modification of the antenna:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/2013/07/06/video-hackrf-jawbreaker-sdr-antenna-mod/

Currently working on running some more advanced flow graphs:
https://www.cgran.org/browser/projects/multimode/trunk/multimode.grc