[Hackrf-dev] Testing my new HackRF One

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Fri Aug 22 09:37:48 EDT 2014

That's good news!  (faulty ANT500 instead of faulty HackRF One)

There is a good chance that you can correct the antenna fault yourself.
Carefully unscrew the metal shield of the SMA connector from the black
plastic section.  You'll probably find that the spring inside is damaged
or out of place.  It should form a connection through the shield without
touching the shield.  If you adjust it and reassemble, the antenna may
work properly.

It is possible to test for this condition with a continuity tester or
multimeter.  The telescopic section should have continuity through to
the pin within the SMA connector.  Neither the telescopic section nor
the pin should have continuity to the shield.

If it still doesn't work, I'll replace it for you.

Mike