[Hackrf-dev] Python JIT memory alloc error

Brian Riley brianbr at wulfden.org
Wed Aug 27 17:58:23 EDT 2014

I am running on a 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM from an 8GB flash key without persistence. After solving a half dozen Gotchas the system finally recognized my HackRF One and GRC tried to compile …   then this happened.

Now I Googled error string and all that I have found so far is that it appears   to be a long running,  well known, Gentoo problem …  so far the occurrences are all over the map … HELP ??!! has anybody seen this?

tnx … cheers … BBR

 p.s.  is there an equivalent  command  to “hackrf_info” for the RTL-SDR dongle.

=====================

<<< Welcome to GNU Radio Companion 3.7.4 >>>

Preferences file: /root/.grc
Block paths:
	/usr/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks
	/root/.grc_gnuradio

>>> Done

Showing: "/run/media/root/HACKSDR/lesson1.grc"

Generating: "/run/media/root/HACKSDR/top_block.py"

Generating: "/run/media/root/HACKSDR/top_block.py"

Executing: "/run/media/root/HACKSDR/top_block.py"

linux; GNU C++ version 4.7.3; Boost_105300; UHD_003.007.001-0-unknown

Using Volk machine: ssse3_64_orc
gr-osmosdr 0.1.1 (0.1.1) gnuradio 3.7.4
built-in source types: fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf
Using HackRF One with firmware git-44df9d1
OOOOOOOOOOOOLLVM ERROR: Allocation failed when allocating new memory in the JIT
Can't allocate RWX Memory: Operation not permitted
OO
>>> Done