[Hackrf-dev] Python JIT memory alloc error

Paul Connolly eeipcy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 04:30:23 EDT 2014

My first thought would be that a 2.5GHz Core2 Duo, is from about about
2009. So the laptop is about 5 years old at a guess ? I'd check for
failing RAM with memtest. at least to eliminate any hardware fault.
PaX normally means that Address space layout randomization (ASLR) is in
enabled and this can highlight existing hardware memory faults that are
not normally seen without ECC RAM. and ECC memory is only used on
servers really, because of the extra cost.

Check dmesg and in /var/log/ for any hardware

I could be wrong, but there is no harm in eliminating failing hardware.
And if there is a fault, you can probably fix it by removing and
reseating your RAM chips.