[Hackrf-dev] release 2014.08.1

Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina zerochaos at gentoo.org
Fri Aug 29 10:11:15 EDT 2014

On 08/29/2014 03:34 AM, Martin Holst Swende wrote:

>> To upgrade to this release, you must update libhackrf and hackrf-tools on your
>> host computer.  You must also update firmware and the CPLD.  It is important to
>> update both the firmware and the CPLD for this release to work properly.  If
>> you only update one or the other, you may experience an inverted baseband
>> spectrum.
>
> Does this mean that those of us using pentoo-on-a-stick should perhaps
> avoid updating the firmware? Is the new libhackrf available as a pentoo
> update?

The new hackrf release was available to pentoo users approximately 15
minutes after the official release.  I apologize for taking so long,
however, mossmann said he was thinking of making the release but didn't
mention the minute he actually did.

There have been a LOT of updates to things in the SDR world recently, as
such, I'm planning on making a new release very soon, just after
Gnuradio makes their new release.  I'm hoping for 3.7.5 but I may only
wait for 3.7.4.1.

Thanks,
Zero