[Hackrf-dev] Segmentation fault ...gnuradio-companion

DENNIS LYNCH dlynch3 at virginmedia.com
Fri Aug 29 19:21:24 EDT 2014

Had the same problem and I found that the only remedy was to completely
remove pybombs   with--
  ./pybombs  remove
I also did a .....
   sudo  find /  -name gnuradio    and  removed  all the gnuradio   lib.so
files it found  with gnuradio in the file name  etc
I then re-installed    via
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart       Guide

when prompted for the install PREFIX to use  I made sure to pick a
directory in my home folder  and   not   root
in my case it is /home/debian

when the initial ./pybombs  install    gnuradio completes and you have
chosen your various preferences.......as per the wikii   most important
ran

 ./pybombs  env        and then ran the command that is highlighted in my
case it is    source  /home/debian/target/setup_env.sh

in my case  that  sorted the problem ...since the initial problem I have
installed many recipes but  since I installed   gr-baz  the same problem
has returned    so I have removed gr-baz
with  ./pybombs  remove   gr-baz       ...and all is well again

I put the source code  build for  gr-baz   in another location in my /home

so for me this gr-baz  is producing this segmentation fault ...

I believe the Warning:Block    ctrlport   thing   is just a warning  as it
is still present  when ever i run gnuradio-companion

hope all of this is of use and that I have not done a bazil faulty