[Hackrf-dev] HackRF dies .. our findings

william hatch billhatch40 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 09:05:50 EST 2016

I reported here a week or so ago that two of our HackRF radios died when operated continuously. WE have traced this problem to 1) a faulty micro USB to USB cable, and 2) a defective micro USB port in the HackRF. With these fixed the radios work fine in continuous applications.

Lesson learned: when hardware does not work as expected, check the power and cable connections first.
I hope this helps some of you in your troubleshooting.