[Hackrf-dev] Amp no longer works

Rob Hardenberg rob at itr-datanet.com
Wed Apr 3 10:03:48 EDT 2019

I have two HackRF's and in both the amp died while experimenting. These
can be easily repaired.
You can check if it is the amplifier. Just turn the gain to zero in the
settings. Then the amp is switched off and bypassed. Then you will have
output but 14 or so less. When you set the gain to 14 the amp is switch
on. When it is broken the output will be zero.
This website helped me to repair my hackrf
http://www.t4f.org/articles/repairing-the-hackrf/
The final stage device can be found on Ebay or Mouser.
You need a small solder iron, flux and a lens
Rob PE1ITR