[Hackrf-dev] How to tell if antenna is faulty

cliff palmer palmercliff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:15:32 EST 2019

I have a Hackrf One with an Ant500 Antenna and I am having no luck with
multiple tutorials found on YouTube, including the ones at Great Scott
Gadgets.  I measured the resistance on the (disconnected but fully
extended) Ant500 Antenna using a multimeter (one lead on the metal part of
the antenna and the other on the male lead in the connector.  The
multi-meter measured up to 75 Ohm resistance.
I'm really new to SDR and so I don't know if resistance should concern me,
but it seems like an antenna should not have resistance.
I would appreciate some advice about how to determine if this is really a
problem (and the antenna is faulty) or if I am making a typical new-to-SDR
mistake.
Thanks