[Hackrf-dev] How to tell if antenna is faulty

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Thu Jan 31 18:21:46 EST 2019

Cliff,

That sounds like a faulty ANT500.  Please contact your reseller for a
replacement.  Send a private email to me and info at greatscottgadgets.com
if you run into any problems with that.

The two most common faults of ANT500 and ANT700 are a short between the
center pin and shield ground or a break in continuity between the center
pin and the antenna element.  Both of these conditions can be tested
with a continuity tester.

The DC resistance between the center pin and the antenna element is
unspecified, but I think it should be stable and low enough to cause a
continuity tester to beep.

Michael