[IPAC-List] Rehiring Retired Personnel

Arbel, Eran Eran_Arbel at sheriff.org
Wed Apr 29 14:25:32 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I would appreciate any information about the following issue:

One of our uniformed departments is considering rehiring retired
officers (Lieutenants and/or Captains) into positions that are covered
under the collective bargaining agreement, because of a decrease in
candidates who are eligible and/or willing to be promoted. Have any of
you encountered a similar situation. What were the repercussions and how
was the situation handled?

Eran Arbel, MS, SPHR

Human Resources Analyst - Selection & Assessment

Broward Sheriff's Office Human Resources Bureau

Phone: (954) 321-4408

Fax: (954) 321-4431