[IPAC-List] physical agility testing

Mark Hammer Mark.Hammer at psc-cfp.gc.ca
Thu May 21 15:59:46 EDT 2009

Just out of curiosity, do you have access to work-related injury data for that particular line of work (or similar), whether from state-overseen workman's compensation or insurance companies? I'm just wondering if it would be possible to align testing with the specific sorts of safety challenges/contexts of that job.

Viewed through the face-validity lens, it makes such testing more palatable for applicants since a case can be made that it deliberately assesses their capacity to avoid injury on the job.

Or am I being naive in thinking that "We don't want our employees to get hurt" is a more persuasive argument than "You're not agile/strong enough"?

Mark Hammer
Ottawa