[IPAC-List] Call for new models for fire promotional exams

Howard Fortson Howard at cps.ca.gov
Thu Dec 10 11:30:51 EST 2009

I think your idea has quite a bit of merit. As it moves more into the job tryout type of testing. Not that it would solve all representation issues but definitely worth serious consideration. As to your last part about the lack of fires, I've been wondering why we keep hiring so many firefighters if there are no fires. With the budget crunch I would think that communities are soon going to separate medical calls from fire and privatize the medical portion in order to have the cost savings (City and County costs). It just seems like that could be the next blip on the horizon. Just a bit of rumination in deficit laden California.

Howard Fortson Ph.D.