[IPAC-List] Frank Landy: A sad note

Bryan Baldwin Bryan.Baldwin at doj.ca.gov
Wed Jan 13 19:07:55 EST 2010

I worked for Frank for a few years after graduate school and consider myself extremely lucky. He was off-the-charts smart, incredibly energetic, a passionate advocate for I/O psychology, generous, and an inspiration. Many of you know Frank often served as an expert witness in (among others) employment discrimination cases. One of my fondest memories is watching an attorney attempt to cross-examine him in a discrimination case and watching Frank practically dare the guy to take him down. What a loss.

Bryan Baldwin
Staff Services Manager II
California Department of Justice
Division of Administrative Support
Personnel Programs
(916) 322-5446

>>> Joel Wiesen <jwiesen at appliedpersonnelresearch.com> 1/13/2010 8:22 AM >>>

This sad note (originally from Gary Latham) was forwarded to me this
morning:

...one of SIOP's strongest advocates, supporter, as well as Past
President, Frank Landy, passed away [yesterday] morning of liver cancer.
He had just celebrated his 67th birthday. Chris said that Frank was
surrounded by his family and passed away peacefully. SIOP conferences
will not be the same without him. He was a true friend of organizational
psychology the world over. It is so sad to know that we will no longer
see him, argue with him, or laugh with him.
So, so sad.

--
Joel P. Wiesen, Ph.D., Director
Applied Personnel Research

Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. Please do not
forward any contents without permission. If you have received this
message in error please delete this item in its entirety and notify the
sender. Thank you.

IPAC-List at ipacweb.org