[IPAC-List] Measuring Fear of Heights

Oscar Spurlin oscar at ergometrics.org
Sat Jun 26 01:43:52 EDT 2010

Many places use a simulation in which they ask candidates to climb a ladder.
However as a climber I have seen many people with an expressed fear of
heights, gradually overcome this once they become comfortable with their
safety protection. Thus since most people do not have a chance to
experiment with exposure I believe that this factor can be learned on the
job and it would be inappropriate to prescreen.

Oscar

Oscar Spurlin, Ph.D.
Industrial/Organizational Psychologist
Ergometrics Inc.