[IPAC-List] Competency/skill listing

Bryan Baldwin Bryan.Baldwin at doj.ca.gov
Fri Oct 1 11:21:25 EDT 2010

Our department is at the beginning stages of creating employee profiles for our Intranet. Part of this effort will including allowing people to select skill sets. Can anyone recommend or point me to a source to get me started? I'm thinking this is probably similar to efforts like a talent inventory and may even dovetail with some competency modeling, but we're looking to get more specific (e.g., not simply "programming skills" but "XML", "COBOL", etc.). My first thought was O*NET but it's not specific enough.

Thanks-

Bryan Baldwin
Staff Services Manager II
California Department of Justice