[IPAC-List] promotional exam strategy

Harry.Brull at pdininthhouse.com Harry.Brull at pdininthhouse.com
Tue Jun 28 14:44:16 EDT 2011

This would seem to me as a variant on providing a reading list as a
study guide. In this case, the jurisdiction is directing the candidates
to the issues (items) that are considered important.
I have used a comparable technique in my collegiate teaching.
As for what to call it - beyond an inspired idea - I'd suggest
"item-based exam preparation/study guide".

As for the psychometric properties, I see no reason to expect anything
different than ant content-based multiple choice test - high coefficient
alpha.
As for what you are really measuring, some combination of job knowledge
and a healthy does of "G".

Harry Brull
H.A.R.
PDI Ninth House