[IPAC-List] Fightin' words? You decide.

Eric Berghoff esberghoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:03:28 EDT 2011

Thank you for this post Mark. I wish I had gotten through my backlog of
emails a few weeks ago. I think the first half of the article has a lot of
value. Now, the second half? This just gives me pause for concern.
Director Berry's comments lead me to believe that (U.S.) Feds could
be headed down a slippery slope. 'Hamstrung by KSA essays?' That was self
inflicted and not a legislated or even mandated requirement; on the other
hand, the merit system is legislated. 'We didn't use a resume?' Really?
No, seriously? I'm baffled. Public service employement has a vastly
different set of legal responsibilities to the hiring process. I"m not
saying that there shouldn't be changes. I definitely think there should.
However, I am worried where Federal coveting and idolizing of the private
sector hiring process will lead.

I wish I had the time and resources to give a thorough response worthy of a
Mark Hammer post, albeit an uncharacteristically short Mark Hammer post.

Cheers!

Eric