[IPAC-List] Test taking advice for personality tests

Winfred Arthur, Jr. w-arthur at neo.tamu.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:15:25 EST 2011

this stuff/debate [??] has been ongoing for a while now. you might want
to take a look at the Hough and Oswald (2008) focal piece in IOOP; it
provides some pretty informative summaries. for instance, on p. 274,
they note that "personality variables predict overall managerial
effectiveness, promotion, and managerial level".

i also believe the Hogan Personality Inventory (and other commercially
available measures from other consulting firms as well) has been
effectively used in managerial selection.

hope this is helpful.

- winfred