[IPAC-List] Test taking advice for personality tests

Jeff Feuquay jfeuquay at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:56:33 EST 2011

Michael, et al.

You are spot on. The import of job specific personality criteria can't be
underestimated. Sometimes, I make things up to remember, because that's
often more interesting than what actually happened, but as I recall, the
Hogans ran into this some 25 years ago, long before their name became a
household word. Bob and Joyce were able to solve a problem in the basement
of a Tulsa hospital: the group of folks putting together surgical packs
were both bright and gregarious, i.e., easily distractible, and surgeons
were constantly surprised in the midst of an operation when the wrong tools
were found in the wrong packs. By getting rid of smart, cheery folks, and
selecting people not nearly so bright, who had no interest in talking to
anyone, the Hogans saved the day. The new crew paid attention to the packs
and never got either bored or creative in what they included.
Jeff
Dr. Jeffrey P Feuquay, I/O Psychologist & Attorney
Special Counsel to Russell, Brown & Breckenridge, LLC and
Managing Consultant, Psychology-Law Center, LLC
108 W. Walnut, PO Drawer J, Nevada, Mo 64772
ofc: 417-667-5076 cell: 417-549-0997