[IPAC-List] EEOC "Discussion" Letter

Dennis Doverspike dennisdoverspike at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:44:48 EST 2011

My response would be - while it might create a burden but that burden has
always been there. The burden is not new. Minimum qualifications such as
education and experience should be validated.

Thus,

1. Given large number of applicants, education requirements will probably
have some adverse impact somewhere.

2. Therefore, as with any selection decision or test, they should be
validated.

I would be wary of trying to solve the problem through tradeoffs. Tradeoffs
are often more of a problem than a solution,

Dennis Doverspike

That is, it has been true for quite some time that if you have adverse
impact, and if you have huge number of applicants you will have adverse
impact,

--
Dennis Doverspike, PhD., ABPP
Licensed Psychologist, #3539 (OHIO)
dennisdoverspike at gmail.com

The information is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or a work product
for the sole use of the intended recipient. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any errant transmission. If you receive this message
in error, please destroy all copies of it and notify the sender. If the
communication is strictly prohibited. In the case of E-mail or electronic
transmission, immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system
and notify the sender. E-mail and fax transmission cannot be guaranteed to
be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.