[IPAC-List] Candidate Reduction Strategies

keith.poole at phoenix.gov keith.poole at phoenix.gov
Mon Mar 12 16:30:16 EDT 2012

If the job analysis supports it, incorporating a study guide and being
clear that the majority of the questions come from the guide may help.
However, this approach may have impact on the demographics of the
candidate pool as well.

Keith Poole
Human Resources Supervisor
City of Phoenix HR Department
135 N 2nd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Phone: (602) 262-7140
Fax: (602) 495-5498
Email: keith.poole at phoenix.gov

"Demooy, Adele" <Adele.Demooy at mwrd.org>
Sent by: ipac-list-bounces at ipacweb.org
03/12/2012 08:16 AM

"'ipac-list at ipacweb.org'" <ipac-list at ipacweb.org>
cc

Subject
[IPAC-List] Candidate Reduction Strategies

For economic reasons we are looking into ways to reduce the number of
candidates who participate in exams. One option we are considering is
accepting a predetermined number of applications based on statistics from
previous exam administrations. I am interested in your feedback on this
approach or learning about any other methods you are using.

IPAC-List at ipacweb.org