[IPAC-List] Best Practices Are Stupid

Lance Seberhagen sebe at erols.com
Wed Apr 4 15:08:42 EDT 2012

"Best Practices are Stupid: 40 Ways to Out-Innovate the Competition" --
that's the title of a recently published book by Stephen Shapiro, who
will be a featured speaker at the Excellence in Government Conference in
Washington, DC, on May 7, 2012. He is also the author of an online
personality assessment game called "Personality Poker."

http://www.cvent.com/events/excellence-in-government/custom-18-2ed3d0ae13c643bdb3ecdce7381cfd40.aspx
http://game.personalitypokerbook.com/poker.php

The book title gave me a chuckle. I'm sure many of us have observed
that "best practice" from other organizations isn't always best approach
for our organization.

Lance Seberhagen, Ph.D.
Seberhagen & Associates
9021 Trailridge Ct