[IPAC-List] Potential Testing Process Change

Ronald Clare rpclare at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 13:06:06 EDT 2012

I believe there are two approaches that would be viable. First, clearly announce that the test is multiple hurdle and that the top x candidates would participate in the next phase. "x" being the maximum # of candidates "reachable" based on list usage history. The second would not be multiple hurdle but would eliminate those candidates whose written score would not fall into the reachable group even if they max the performance portion. With this, the greater the proportional value of the performance aspect, the fewer candidates are disqualified from the first phase. The first option is more effective in reducing the numbers in the performance phase.

Sent from my iPad