[IPAC-List] Police Civillian Backgrounds

Johnson, Thomas H. johnsont at CityofRochester.gov
Mon Feb 25 13:17:25 EST 2013

For police civilian backgrounds, we obtain information on a variety of factors (similar to those for police officer) and review the totality of information . . . recency, frequency, severity of undesirable behaviors. We do not have a rigid standard for disqualification. Any candidate to be disqualified is notified of the issues that form the basis for disqualification and is invited to submit explanation and facts in opposition to disqualification. Our civil service commission offers the opportunity for in-person appeals before a final determination is made.

Thomas Johnson, HR Coordinator
City of Rochester
Department of Human Resource Management
30 Church Street (Room 103A)