[IPAC-List] Facebook

Bryan Baldwin Bryan.Baldwin at doj.ca.gov
Wed Feb 27 11:24:08 EST 2013

My sense is that to a large extent the research is trying to catch up to what’s happening in “the real world”, which is many hiring supervisors routinely check Facebook on candidates, regardless of what we as assessment professionals think. Which leaves it up to us to determine whether there is any validity in doing this and, if not, to figure out how to communicate this to our customers as well as come up with alternatives that are equally palatable and provide similar “soft skill” information. The problems with Facebook are its easy access and intriguing nature. So we just need to come up with an alternative, more job-related internet-based social profile. Sponsored by TMZ.
Bryan Baldwin
Personnel Officer
Department of Justice
Division of Administrative Support