[IPAC-List] Assessments for equipment operators (sanitation truck drivers)

keith.poole at phoenix.gov keith.poole at phoenix.gov
Mon Aug 26 16:52:08 EDT 2013

We currently use an overt integrity assessment for our sanitation truck
drivers, plus a driving demonstration test on a closed course, and a
structured panel interview. Our sanitation department would like to
explore dropping the integrity test for some other type of assessment,
possibly biodata. Areas that are of concern with the workforce include
attitudes towards safety; following department policy and workplace rules;
acceptance of supervision; ability to get along with others (pretty much
the usual) . Please let me know of any suggestions, thanks.

Keith Poole
Human Resources Supervisor
City of Phoenix HR Department
135 N 2nd Ave