[IPAC-List] Use of integrity assessments in public sector

Winfred Arthur, Jr w-arthur at neo.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 2 21:44:07 EST 2014

Ronald, fair enough and concur w/ the points that you make. but the
psychometric issue, which is what the DoL text pertained to, is
different from the political and administrative one. i believe that is
the distinction Dennis was alluding to. so i guess, my summary of the
discussion (so far) would be that these tests may not be suitable for
the public sector, not b/c of their alleged psychometric deficiencies
but b/c of specified political and administrative constraints or
realities? would you consider this to be a fair summary?

>>> (2000)(see http://www.onetcenter.org/dl_files/empTestAsse.pdf) …

>>> “All honesty and integrity measures have appreciable prediction

>>> errors. To minimize prediction

>>> errors, thoroughly follow up on poor-scoring individuals with

>>> retesting, interviews, or reference

>>> checks. In general, integrity measures should not be used as the

>>> sole source of information for

>>> making employment decisions about individuals.”

>>> I couldn’t have said it better.

>>> Jim

>>> *Jim Kuthy, Ph.D.*

>>> /Principal Consultant/ | Biddle Consulting Group, Inc.

>>> 193 Blue Ravine Road, Suite 270 | Folsom, CA 95630

>>> www.biddle.com <http://www.biddle.com> | www.criticall911.com

>>> <http://www.criticall911.com> | www.opac.com

>>> <http://www.opac.com> | www.affirmativeaction.com

>>> <http://www.affirmativeaction.com>

>>> Reid

>>> Reid E. Klion, Ph.D.

>>> Chief Science Officer

>>> */pan/**- *Performance Assessment Network, Inc.

>>> 11590 North Meridian St.

>>> Suite 200

>>> Carmel, IN 46032 USA

>>> 317.814.8808 <tel:317.814.8808> Office

>>> 317.908.4312 <tel:317.908.4312> Mobile

>>> 317.814.8888 <tel:317.814.8888> Fax

>>> rklion at panpowered.com <mailto:rklion at panpowered.com>

>>> www.panpowered.com <http://www.panpowered.com/>

>>> IPAC-List