[IPAC-List] MH DIF statistic

Shekerjian, Rene Rene.Shekerjian at cs.state.ny.us
Fri Feb 21 17:00:34 EST 2014

Can anyone tell me why -2.35 is used to adjust the natural log of the MH common odds ratio estimate? I understand how the natural log makes the MH statistic more easily interpreted, but I haven't found an explanation for multiplying it by -2.35. Does it "enlarge" the result so that what would be small differences are magnified and become bigger differences (more different from one another)?

Thanks in advance!

René

René Shekerjian | Testing Services Division | NYS Department of Civil Service | 518-402-2660