[IPAC-List] applicants misrepresenting their experience

RPClare at aol.com RPClare at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 18:41:48 EDT 2014

I agree that the information given is limited to draw a real conclusion,
however:
It is possible that a candidate's experience could emphasize different
aspect of their jobs tailored to the position to which they are applying.
It is possible that the candidates memory re: dates, titles, etc. may be
flawed and may vary from app to app. It may not be misrepresentation but
more "sloppiness".
Finally, if they really misrepresent themselves, I would disqualify  them
for all jobs for a fixed period of time (6 mos or a year). There should be  a
policy regarding this and that policy should have an appeal feature to
allow  them to reconcile the information.

In a message dated 9/11/2014 2:04:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,