[IPAC-List] Name Generator Program

RICHARD TONOWSKI RICHARD.TONOWSKI at EEOC.GOV
Wed Mar 16 12:01:10 EDT 2016

Just to expand a little on Liz's remarks . . .

The Social Security Administration has first-name lists by gender.
Census Bureau has surname lists by race/ethnic.  These lists, at least
in theory, would allow for some control over the gender and race/ethnic
composition of the sample since there is some indication of probability
that the name goes into a specific demographic group.    Sampling from
these likely would not be complicated.  But I don't know about lists
that give probabilities for gender/race/ethnic membership based on full
name.  Possibly that could come from Census, but it might require having
to construct a pool for sampling.

Rich

>>> "Reed, Elizabeth" <EReed1 at Columbus.gov> 03/16/16 8:05 AM >>>
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {
    margin: 0.0in;
    font-size: 12.0pt;
    font-family: "Times New Roman" , serif;
}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {
    color: blue;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
    color: purple;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
span.EmailStyle17 {
    font-family: Calibri , sans-serif;
    color: rgb(31,73,125);
}
*.MsoChpDefault {
    font-family: Calibri , sans-serif;
}
div.WordSection1 {
    page: WordSection1;
}
Dennis,

I’ve been using a random name searches found through a website search
“random name search.”  They are free quick and useful tools.

Here’s a couple that I’ve used:

http://listofrandomnames.com/

http://random-name-generator.info/

Liz