[IPAC-List] Speed vs Power Tests

mhammer at 295.ca mhammer at 295.ca
Tue May 31 18:53:39 EDT 2016

And in keeping with Winfred's comments, the format of each can provide one
with different sorts of measurement of the construct in question; speed
tests being prone to multiple-choice and power more amenable to
open-ended.

Insomuch as speed tests are often a product of convenience contingencies
(e.g., automated scoring), I would think the real question is whether
power tests increment to validity over speed tests.  After all, if there
were a reasonably large number of testees to process, one would opt for a
speed test first since it is less labor-intensive as far as scoring. And
once you have those scores, does an additional power test of some kind
tell you more?

Mark Hammer
Ottawa