[IPAC-List] Question about local labor area calculations

Jim Kuthy jkuthy at biddle.com
Fri Sep 2 12:13:51 EDT 2016

We use a zip code analysis when we identify a local labor area for our affirmative action plans for a client. Our software tool only includes the counties from which 78% of the population for a particular employer reside, starting with the most populous until 78% is reached. We believe the 78% cutoff is based on a court case. Unfortunately, no one recalls which court case might have suggested that percentage.

Does anyone know during which court case it was ruled that counties from which 78% of the employee population reside should be considered for the local labor area calculations?

Any assistance you can provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Kuthy, Ph.D.
Principal Consultant | Biddle Consulting Group, Inc.
193 Blue Ravine Road, Suite 270 | Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 294-4250 ext. 239 | Fax: (916) 294-4255 | jkuthy at biddle.com<mailto:jkuthy at biddle.com>
www.biddle.com | www.criticall911.com | www.opac.com | www.affirmativeaction.com

[BCG on Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Biddle-Consulting-Group-Inc/283128085965>  [BCG on Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/BiddleCG>   [BCG on LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/1159707>

[Biddle Consulting Group, Inc.]

This electronic message contains information from Biddle Consulting Group, Inc., which is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be sent to the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone at (800) 999-0438.