[IPAC-List] ATS and HRIS Vendors

Reed, Elizabeth EReed1 at Columbus.gov
Thu Feb 9 08:15:56 EST 2017

Jeff,

The City of Columbus has struggled to find a system that handles our HRIS needs. If you find something that can do both let us know. Currently the City uses an internally develop program to handle payroll needs. Almost a decade ago we attempted to go with a new purchased HRIS system, after years of trying the city finally gave up on that product with nothing to show for it.

We moved to a new ATS, it works okay. There are many features we still miss from our previous system, but since they were bought out, we were placed in a position where we had to change. With the new ATS we had to find several work arounds and some things we simply can't do. But, there are some features the current ATS has that are improvements over the previous system.

Thanks,
Liz

Elizabeth A. Reed
Public Safety Assessment Team Manager
Columbus Civil Service Commission
______________________________

Direct: 614.645.6032
http://www.columbus.gov/

From: IPAC-List [mailto:ipac-list-bounces at ipacweb.org] On Behalf Of Crenshaw, Jeffrey
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:17 PM
To: ipac-list at ipacweb.org
Subject: Re: [IPAC-List] ATS and HRIS Vendors

My agency is working to identify prospective vendors for potential replacement of our existing applicant tracking system (ATS) and human resources information system (HRIS).  We are a multi-jurisdictional merit (civil service) system and are seeking a robust ATS that provides the ability to, at a minimum, establish registers of candidates eligible for employment, rank candidates based on employment test scores (and other applicable criteria), and certify lists of candidates to hiring agencies and managers.  I would appreciate any information from the group on the system(s) currently being used by your agencies.  Also, it would be very helpful to know if your agency uses a vendor that provides one system to meet your HRIS and ATS needs or if you use two separate systems with an interface built between the two systems. Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.
Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey Crenshaw, Ph.D.
Deputy Director | Personnel Board of Jefferson County
2121 Rev. Abraham Woods, Jr. Blvd, Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35203
205.279.3566 | jeff.crenshaw at pbjcal.org<mailto:cjeff.crenshaw at pbjcal.org> | www.pbjcal.org<http://www.pbjcal.org/>