[IPAC-List] Full List of Managerial KSAPs ?

Shekerjian, Rene (CS) Rene.Shekerjian at cs.ny.gov
Thu May 4 10:25:05 EDT 2017

Just a quick thought. When I was looking into managerial competencies some years back, I found that different sources had very different approaches. They all had areas such as critical thinking, interpersonal, writing, problem solving, etc., but some divided the domain into 7 or 8 competencies and others had several hundred competencies. And of course, there were those who fell somewhere in between.

By the way, Aon consulting did a pretty interesting presentation at a MAPAC conference in 2008 on best practices in competency modelling. Maybe they have developed a model for managerial competencies.

René

René Shekerjian

Director, Testing Services Division

Department of Civil Service

Empire State Plaza, Agency Building 1, Albany, NY 12239

(518) 402-2660 | Rene.Shekerjian at cs.ny.gov

www.cs.ny.gov