[IPAC-List] IRB consent for selection research

Winfred Arthur, Jr. w-arthur at tamu.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:31:49 EDT 2019

Megan, for what it is worth, the CITI (Collaborative Institutional
Training Initiative) program
<https://about.citiprogram.org/en/homepage/> has clear and definite
answers to the questions and issues raised here; specifically, (1) what
is and is not "research" (in this instance what they describe as "Human
Research"), and (2) when is IRB approval required and when when is it
not.  so you might want to take a look at their guidance on these issues.

hope this is helpful.

- winfred