[IPAC-List] Organizational Ethics Scale or Questionnaire Items?

Lance Seberhagen lance at seberhagen.com
Fri Nov 15 19:12:16 EST 2019

What is the objective of MSPB’s proposed ethics survey?

If you want to compare the Executive Branch to other organizations, you
might want to use a standardized instrument like the Ethical Climate
Questionnaire that has been administered to a variety of organizations.

If you want to assess compliance or agreement with the Executive Branch
Ethics Code, you should use a survey that is specifically designed to
measure that ethics code.The Executive Branch Ethics Code is generally
defined by Public Law 96-303 (1980), EO 12674 (1989), EO 12731 (1990),
and 5 CFR Part 2635.  Some federal agencies also have their own,
agency-specific ethics codes.

Another approach would be to administer a standardized integrity test
(e.g., Personnel Selection Inventory, Reid Report, or Stanton Survey) to
Executive Branch employees.

If all else fails, do what the Intel agencies do -- administer polygraph
tests to all federal employees and contractors every five years.

https://www.thoughtco.com/code-of-ethics-for-us-government-service-4052443

Lance Seberhagen, Ph.D.

Seberhagen & Associates

9021 Trailridge Court