[IPAC-List] Stress tolerance test

Blair, Michael Michael.Blair2 at opm.gov
Mon Jun 1 12:47:27 EDT 2020

Mike –

We were talking about stress tolerance recently at OPM. The discussion led us down the path of resiliency and the difference between stress tolerance and resiliency. We concluded that the two are highly related and may actually lay along the continuum of a single thing (be it an ability, personality factor, competency, etc.).  So, while not helping you in your quest to identify measures of stress tolerance, I am suggesting that you expand you search to include measures of resiliency. If for no other reason, we found that measuring resiliency seems to be the topic de jour.

Hope things are well.

Michael D. Blair
Lead Personnel Research Psychologist
United States Office of Personnel Management