[IPAC-List] Asking SMEs to evaluate the representativeness of a test, as a whole?

Lance Seberhagen sebe at rcn.com
Thu Aug 26 13:51:31 EDT 2021

SMEs normally rate each test item.  Test security is major concern.  Must prevent SMEs from leaking exam questions to candidates.  This has been a problem in police depts.  One solution is to use SMEs from other police depts in same state.  If SMEs from same dept are used, they must be high-ranking officials who sign nondisclosure agreement, with severe penalty for violation.  Dept should also have general order that prohibits cheating on promotional exams, with severe penalty for violation.  I have had no problem with promotional exams I have developed following these procedures.

Lance

---
Lance Seberhagen, Ph.D.
Seberhagen & Associates