[IPAC-List] Asking SMEs to evaluate the representativeness of a test, as a whole?

Lance Seberhagen sebe at rcn.com
Thu Aug 26 14:49:25 EDT 2021

Some employers permit test-takers to review the scoring of promotional exams.  If test-takers appeal the scoring of certain promotional exam questions, the employer might have SMEs take another look at the questions and scoring procedures to see if test-takers have a legitimate complaint.  If so, the scoring of these questions might be revised (e.g., 2 correct answers for a given question), resulting in a new rank order of test-takers based on test scores.

Lance

---
Lance Seberhagen, Ph.D.
Seberhagen & Associates