[Hackrf-dev] getting started

Alexandru Csete oz9aec at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:03:59 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Larry DiGioia <n8ku at longwire.com> wrote:

> I installed Andy's Ham Linux (Ubuntu again.) Voila! GQRX and GNURadio, on
> the same box, and both (theoretically) work. I fired up GQRX, and it only
> has a choice of "other" for hardware, but it seems to work - I have audio,
> which is definitely affected by my gain settings, but not a signal in sight.
> Tried HF, FM, nothing.

Perhaps it comes with an older version of gqrx and/or libhackrf that
does not support the HackRF One.

The official Gqrx PPA has been updated recently with the latest
release 2.3.1 and hackrf 2014.04.1 and it should work with the HackRF
One:
https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/ubuntu/releases/

You can try it on a *clean* Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10 or derived
distribution. But if you mix it with source installations done by
build scripts they will interefere with each other.

Alex