[Hackrf-dev] good/preferred platform?

dan farmer zenfish at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:57:20 EDT 2014

Hi folks -

I’d love to lug around my hackrf; from what I can gather the super cheap-n-small computers such as the raspberry pi and slightly faster beaglebone blacks might not have the oomph necessary to really handle the output.

I’ve seen pix of the portapack but isn’t quite what I’m looking for… ideally something pretty basic with some sort of unix/linux-like environ (although if I had a surface 3 I might bend my rules :)), keyboard input at least possible (or in the case of a tablet, perhaps an on-screen one.)

Anyone have a small form factor platform that they’re happy with in conjunction with the HRF?  Tablets, laptops, …., etc.?  Perhaps just strap it to the back of a macbook pro?

Tnx for any anecdotes, tales, insights, pointers, etc.

dan