[Hackrf-dev] Install problem, apt-get update fails

Toth, Gregory S gregory.s.toth at boeing.com
Sat Aug 23 19:20:06 EDT 2014

Trying to run the install on a Backtrack 5 machine.  I believe it is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

When I run the $sudo apt-get update command, I get a bunch of error messages about not being able to find repositories even though I do have internet access. I am guessing that the Backtrack people are either no longer maintaining the repositories, or that apt-get is pointing at the wrong place. Tried running the setup script anyway and it failed because cmake was not available.

Is there a way to change where apt-get looks for stuff and if so, where is a good place to point it?

If not, I guess I will have to install yet another linux partition onto my hard drive (probably the pentoo one).

Thanks