[Hackrf-dev] Setting up HackRF on Debian

Rich Sanders richnsanders at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 06:43:40 EDT 2014

I had a segmentation fault error also.  I ran hackrf_info and noticed my
HarckRF One was not being detected.  I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 14 and
pybombs with the same error.  Then I created some udev rules to correct for
any permission errors with the same result.  After a fresh install of
Ubuntu 14 (debian) and a fresh install of pybombs I ran the following to
download and fix the libhackrf package:

git clone https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf.git

cd hackrf/host/libhackrf/

mkdir build

cd build

cmake ..

make

sudo make install

sudo ldconfig

Libusb can be installed using the built in package manager or "apt-get
install package-name"

Hope this helps.

Rich