[IPAC-List] Calculating costs/savings for testing research

Madigan, Jamie J HMadigan at ameren.com
Fri Jan 23 16:15:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've got what may be kind of an odd question, but I'm looking for some
advice. I've been planning my 2009 projects with my manager, and one of
the things she's asked to see for each potential item is an analysis of
its cost and savings. These are projects in the vein of test validation
updates, setting cut scores, test implementation, validity
transportation research, audits of testing programs, maintenance of test
databases, etc.

On the one hand, I think it's great that she thinks in this way. A lot
of HR managers don't, and as a result they're unable to communicate with
business line leaders who think in terms of costs, revenue, and savings.
But on the other hand, I'm a bit flummoxed as to how to translate the
inputs and outcomes of these kinds of testing projects into dollars and
other resources. It's admittedly a weak spot in my own skill set, but
one I'd like to redress.

Anyone got some advice to share here? Any books, articles, websites, or
other resources?

Jamie Madigan

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Note that any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ameren. All emails are subject to monitoring and archival. Finally, the recipient should check this message and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Ameren accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting the material from any computer. Ameren Corporation