[IPAC-List] MAPAC 2009 Spring Conference May 13 - 15 in Harrisburg, PA

Dudden, Marcia Marcia.Dudden at cs.state.ny.us
Tue Feb 10 12:35:04 EST 2009

The Mid-Atlantic Personnel Assessment Consortium (MAPAC), a non-profit
organization of public personnel agencies, is planning its Spring 2009
Conference for May 13, 14, and 15, at the Pennsylvania State Civil
Service Commission offices in Harrisburg, PA.

We are currently looking for a few more presenters for Thursday, May 14,
and Friday, May 15.

MAPAC Conferences provide a forum for learning and discussion of
personnel selection and staff development issues. We seek presentations
on a variety of assessment-related topics of interest to public
personnel professionals. Presentations from recent conferences have
generally addressed:
* Best practices in public personnel assessment/staff
development
* Innovations in testing and selection
* Assessment-related research
* Assessment / staff development techniques
* Technology and tools in testing
* Test security
* Legal environment of assessment and selection

We ask presenters to provide a copy of any electronic slide presentation
used for publication on our website. Presentation slides from previous
conferences are available at:
http://www.ipacweb.org/mapac/meetings.htm

MAPAC's presenters have traditionally shared their expertise to benefit
the profession; in this spirit, no honoraria are offered. Limited funds
may be available, however, for some reimbursement of expenses; please
identify any such requirements to the program committee in advance as
you discuss the details of your presentation.

We sincerely appreciate the support we have received from IPAC in the
past. If you would like to discuss a possible presentation or if you
are interested in more information in the Spring 2009 MAPAC Conference,
please contact:

Linda Cooper, MAPAC President Elect
Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission
320 Market Street
P.O. Box 569
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0569
lcooper at state.pa.us