[IPAC-List] Does the day you take an oral exam matter?

Don Nott Don.Nott at fcgtesting.com
Wed Apr 1 11:55:55 EDT 2009

Hi Elizabeth,

Our company specializes in the development of public safety (police &
fire) testing & assessment; so, we deal with your candidate culture all
the time.

Simple answer: the more the candidate's understand the process, the less
likely they'll complain; assuming the process is objective and fair.

We provide a candidate orientation to candidate's so that they A)
understand how the exercises were developed, and B) understand that
assessors are using objective, job-related, behavioral criteria when
scoring; therefore, it doesn't matter the time/date that they are
tested.

My quick answer is that you need to start with a good process and ensure
that you educate candidates. This reduces candidate skepticism and
increases their understanding that, hey, the process/exercises are fair
and objective.

:Don

Donald M. Nott
I/O Associate