[IPAC-List] Use of Application and/or Examination Fees

rpclare at aol.com rpclare at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 14:32:30 EDT 2009

When I was with State of RI, we explored and opted not to. Issues relating to the impact on minority candidates, waivers for folks on unemployment or other "welfare-type" programs, hard to recruit professions (scientists, engineers, etc.) and the cost of handling payments (receipt, follow-up, records) all factored into the decision not to charge. Some folks even suggested that if we charge, we should have list expire quickly to gain more fees (budget folks idea). Perhaps with larger volume the issues shift but new issues could include charging for paper apps but free online.
Have fun.
Ron