[IPAC-List] Angoff method of setting pass points - howmanyminimally competent candidates pass at a given pass point?

rpclare at aol.com rpclare at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 19:49:54 EDT 2009

His has been a great dialog but we need to remember that the folks we need to "answer to" are candidates, managers and the "public". When we do, we need to pretend that our decisions are "absolute" and "scientifically" defensible. Talk of flexibility and options often cause us to lose the PR battle. No one who misses (or has a favored applicant miss) the cut off score wants to hear he could have passed if another choice was made by some idiot HR person. Survival is often measured by our definitive delivery of our decision rather than an accurate explanation of how we got there and that we had options that hurt YOUR applicant.